Nine Network of Public Media is looking for a social media intern who is self-motivated, creative and has good writing skills. Must be knowledgeable with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Microsoft Office and Photoshop or other photography software. We are looking for an individual who has both talent and interest in digital communication as well as good judgment for interesting and creative content. This internship is located in St. Louis, MO, USA.
- In college from an accredited college or university.
- Strong written and verbal creative and communication skills are critical.
- Must be competent with using social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to generate interest and awareness.
- Understanding of digital photography software to facilitate social media projects.
- Overall web, Google Drive apps and computer confidence (uploading files, navigating web sites, etc.)
- Must be proficient on a computer (Mac) with basic knowledge of Final Cut Pro or other video editing software.
- Candidates must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Candidates must be self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- We will work with schools for student interns receiving credit, but receiving credit is not required.
- This is an unpaid internship.
As a Social Media intern you will be working in Nine’s Community Engagement department, with the team responsible for all of Nine’s digital engagement strategy. Learning opportunities as a Nine Social Media intern include:
- Advancing ones’ understanding of social media as it relates to modern business practice, digital marketing, and community relations.
- Working in a corporate environment and task management.
- Creatively fulfilling, practical experience for digital media.
- Peripheral opportunities to assist with other aspects of production, with permission from supervisor.
- Engaging and working with experienced professionals in public television.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org