Stay Tuned is a weekly social media-enabled discussion and public affairs program broadcast in prime time (9-10 p.m.) every Thursday. The program includes news analysis, interviews, social media engagement and commentary. It combines in-studio interviews and features, with pre-produced field packages and remote live interviews using Google+ Hangouts.
- A student must be a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student in good standing at an accredited college or university. Recent graduates are also eligible within the first 6 months of graduation.
- Interns should have excellent research, writing and communication skills, be proficient on a computer (Mac), resourceful, mature and professional.
- Knowledge of TV production is required.
- Interns should be available 16 hours a week; including Thursdays from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- We will work with schools for student interns receiving credit, but receiving credit is not required.
- This is an unpaid internship.
Stay Tuned is unlike any other public affairs program in the local St. Louis market and a unique television format among PBS stations nationwide. This internship is a wonderful opportunity for a student interested in the significant political, social, economic and cultural issues that face the city of St. Louis. Interns assist in producing the program, doing research, greeting guests, observing journalists’ news gathering in and outside the station and learning techniques of news and editing, writing and reporting.
If interested in applying for an internship position, please send resume to email@example.com