The Nine Network and Mercy Children’s Hospital invite you to
Join us to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s Birthday
MARCH 2 & 3
AT THE MAGIC HOUSE
MEET THE CAT IN THE HAT!
Admission is FREE for children
Celebrate Reading and the 109th Birthday of Dr. Seuss
Every year, the National Education Association (NEA) holds a nationwide initiative to help foster literacy in America. NEA’s Read Across America (RAA) is an annual motivation and awareness program that calls for every child in every community to celebrate reading on March 2nd, the 109th birthday of our beloved Dr. Seuss. This year’s Read Across America will be bigger than ever, and its ambassador will be a very busy Cat in the Hat. More than 50 million parents, children and teachers will participate in this national celebration of reading.
The Nine Network kicks off Read Across America Weekend on March 1st from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. with two new and special episodes of The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!
- seussville.com – A splendifourous adventure into all things Seuss with activities, resources, retail opportunities and more.
- nea.org/readacross – The NEA’s official Read Across America site is a wealth of resources and background information.
- pbskids.org/catinthehat – games and guides to the show with printable activities and more! “Rainbow Game” (launched Fall 2011) ties into the “Chasing Rainbows” episode of the marathon.
- pbsteachers.org/catinthehat – education guides and curriculum outlines for using Cat in the Hat in the classroom.
- pbsparents.org/catinthehat – parental activities and exploration guides for family fun and adventure.
- facebook.com/Dr.Seuss – the Facebook fan page for Dr. Seuss Enterprises will feature Read Across America promotions throughout February and March.
- facebook.com/DrSeussBooks – Random House’s Dr. Seuss Facebook page will host a sweepstakes as well as continued Read Across America promotions throughout February and March.